Monday, June 1, 2009

Homemade Chicken Fingers

One of our favorite meals ever is the Clucks and Fries Appetizer at Red Robin. We split the meal (we each get two chicken fingers) and then eat way to many fries.

But lets be honest- Red Robin is not exactly easy on the arteries. So I decided to try to make some delicious chicken fingers at home! I found a very easy recipe, had Chris prepare the meat (cut it into strips and cut off the ickies), and I made Chicken Fingers!

Looks good Chris- Thanks!

All you meat-touchers will not be impressed, but all you out there who do not like to touch meat- shout hurray with me! Hurray! I made the Chicken Fingers all by myself!

I did not touch the chicken- but I did manage to coat it in nummies and get it baking without throwing up! (I did get a little nauseous when I over exuberantly flopped the chicken finger into the bowl- but that is a minor detail.)


Thank you for your support. But I know the recipe is what you are really after. It is hmm mhmm good!

Chicken Fingers
Adapted from Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 Large boneless skinless chicken breast all prepped and cut into the size you want (this works for popcorn chicken too)
  • 1/4 Cup Bread crumbs
  • 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour (You can omit the bread crumbs and double the flour- I just added bread crumbs because I had them)
  • 1/4 t. Super Salt
  • butter
Directions
  1. Mix the salt, bread crumbs and flour together in a bowl.
  2. However you do it, I don't care, but somehow get the chicken pieces covered in the carb mixture.
  3. Pick a pan, spread some melted butter in the bottom and arrange the chicken in a single layer.
  4. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then flip over, add some more butter for good measure and then bake for 10-15 minutes more.
  5. Enjoy! (We enjoyed our on tasty salads. Hmm, my favorite!)

10 comments:

violet said...

mmm...it looks so good!
I'll try, thank you!
Elena

Kayla said...

They look delicious! I hate hate hate cutting the "ickies" off of chicken as well. I always make Jesse do that! haha I don't mind other meat, just chicken for some reason..... Anyway, I may have to try this recipe! Thanks!

Mandy said...

Haha, nice recipe. I am so with you on the not wanting to touch meat. :)

And cute new header picture!

Snow White said...

yum! I was thinking of making chicken fingers too :)

I hear you on the raw meat thing... glad you survived!

Lucy Marie said...

yummy those look good. But I hate that you mentioned Red Robin. We went there once when we were visiting friends in Spokane. I fell in love. I dream about Red Robin on a regular basis but I don't know if I will ever get to go there again :(

Kayla said...

Haha, I'm sure you could do it! It's a lot easier when you get out there and do it... But I'm super tired today, so that may be the reason why! haha

♥Brandy said...

Looks Yummo!

My name is PJ. said...

Holy Cow! Are you vegan? Did I miss that? Does chicken make you gag? Cool! In the cookbook, IN THE KITCHEN WITH ROSIE (Oprah) there is a verrrrrrrrrrrry healthy version of chicken fingers and a bunch of other stuff. When you get old like me, you may want to know about such things. I'm still loving all the recipe stuff, Taryn! And the photos make it even better!

Jessica R. said...

I LOVE your new blog picture! It is so fun!!

a H.I.T. said...

I've been dying to make these! Perfect!