But lets be honest- Red Robin is not exactly easy on the arteries. So I decided to try to make some delicious chicken fingers at home! I found a very easy recipe, had Chris prepare the meat (cut it into strips and cut off the ickies), and I made Chicken Fingers!
touchers will not be impressed, but all you out there who do not like to touch meat- shout hurray with me! Hurray! I made the Chicken Fingers all by myself!
I did not touch the chicken- but I did manage to coat it in nummies and get it baking without throwing up! (I did get a little nauseous when I over exuberantly flopped the chicken finger into the bowl- but that is a minor detail.)
Thank you for your support. But I know the recipe is what you are really after. It is hmm mhmm good!
Adapted from Joy in My Kitchen
- 1 Large boneless skinless chicken breast all prepped and cut into the size you want (this works for popcorn chicken too)
- 1/4 Cup Bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour (You can omit the bread crumbs and double the flour- I just added bread crumbs because I had them)
- 1/4 t. Super Salt
- Mix the salt, bread crumbs and flour together in a bowl.
- However you do it, I don't care, but somehow get the chicken pieces covered in the carb mixture.
- Pick a pan, spread some melted butter in the bottom and arrange the chicken in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then flip over, add some more butter for good measure and then bake for 10-15 minutes more.
- Enjoy! (We enjoyed our on tasty salads. Hmm, my favorite!)