Saturday, June 6, 2009

Garage Sale Treasure 2

So I am loving the garage sales! Wanna see what I found?

I have been looking for a quilt rack. I put my quilt on our bed for summer, but that displaced the beautiful quilt made for us by Chris' aunt. I didn't want to hide the quilt from Aunt Carole, so yeah, I went out on a mission for a rack.

After several weeks of looking, I finally settled on this.


I know- it is not technically a quilt rack. It is for towels. Right?

What do you think? Any ideas on what I could do to spiff it up?


I also found some Tupperware- for .25!!!


And then this.


I don't exactly know what it is. But I love it. Does anyone know? It is very heavy; wrought- iron like. The woman I bought it from (for $2!) said she hung pots on it in her kitchen. I love that idea. What do you think?

Hope you are having a good weekend- and finding treasures at your local sales! = )

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

We have one of those in our kitchen. Indeed, Cheap little metal hooks let you hang pots and pans on it. It's awesome!

Angie said...

I think with the towel rack, I'd spray it white or off-white (what would match your room?) but rub it with some brown and make it look shabby chic - you know? Rustic. And then I'd figure out a way to put a rectangular planter or some sort on the top. I think it would look pretty with a green plant above the quilt. Maybe. I could be way wrong. But I think your quilt looks cute on it!

Meredith said...

I LOVE the idea to use a towel rack as a quilt rack! What a great idea!

My name is PJ. said...

Hi Taryn, the quilts themselves are all that's needed to spiff the rack up! You already knew that. I've seen very similar pot racks, sold retail a pot racks. It would be cool to hang it and put it to use, no?

Lucy Marie said...

Garage sales make me so happy. Today we were driving back from the lake and my hubby was teasing me because a bunch of towns had "rummage day" where they put things they don't want on the side of the road for anyone to take. Whatever left on Monday is picked up by the garbage people. I wanted to stop at every single house!

I think the quilt rack looks great - maybe you could spray paint it white and then it would coordinate really well with the quilt? Also, I love that wrought iron thing! I love the look of pots hung in the kitchen. If your kitchen layout works, I would go for that.

P.S. How was your trip?