Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Dessert- Sin in a Bowl

Happy Father's Day Daddy-o! I love you and miss you so much. I can't wait to come home and give you a big hug (along with a nifty present) in just a few days! xoxo I love you.

We are off to have dinner with the in-laws! We are providing the meal as part of our special day present. For dessert I made a dish I will not touch (I am not a fan of pudding or Cool Whip) but I am sure everyone else will love: Sin in a Bowl.


Sin in a Bowl
From Finding Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 9 x 9 pan of brownies (cooled)
  • 1 tub of Cool Whip
  • 1 big box of instant chocolate pudding
  • 3 C milk
  • 1 pint strawberries (sliced)
Directions
  1. Mix pudding mix with 3 Cups milk and 1 Cup Cool Whip.
  2. Break up brownies into 1 inch pieces. Lay half in the bottom of bowl.
  3. Spread 1/2 of the pudding over brownies.
  4. Spread 1/2 of the Cool Whip over pudding.
  5. Layer 1/2 of the strawberries on Cool Whip.
  6. Repeat process.
Snow White thinks it is best to make ahead of time to allow the pudding to soak into the Brownies. Sounds good to me (well- not really- but this is Father's Day not Taryn's Day.)

Also, she suggests making the dessert in a clear bowl to show the pretty layering- but hopefully yours will turn out better than mine.

7 comments:

Snow White said...

hope you enjoy it! it looks fabulous :)

My name is PJ. said...

First of all, YUM! My husband asked me for the link to your blog today. He wants to check out the recipes. You can post about the giveaway Monday, Tues or Wed....up to you. It's nice that you'll do it! Thanks...and don't forget to enter yourself!

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! It looks great.

Simply Sara said...

That is some serious sin in a bowl!
:)
Looks SO delicious!

YUM!

a H.I.T. said...

Oh My Yum. Love the title :)

*claire* said...

how could you not like cool whip??? yum! :)

Hi, Lane said...

I made this today for a girl at work's birthday! I used a roast pan because I have to feed 18, so I had to sacrifice the layers, and I definitely should've opted for the large cool whip, but we'll see how it goes over tomorrow! Thanks for the idea!