Monday, June 15, 2009

Broccoli, Pepper and Sausage with Pasta

Last week we had some friends over for dinner, so I decided to try a simple, yet totally tasty dish to share. I looked through Snow White's kitchen here and I found something that looked perfect. It was great. It has a great blend of flavors, and it includes extra protein and fiber that is hidden in the dish. Bonus!


Broccoli, Pepper and Sausage with Pasta
adapted from Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 bag frozen brocolli
  • 1/2 Cup chopped bell peppers
  • 3-4 chopped sun-dried tomatoes
  • 12 oz - 16 oz whole wheat pasta
  • 1/2 Cup cheese
  • 1 can pureed garbanzo beans (You can use just about anything- Snow White used white beans)
Directions
  1. Start boiling water for pasta. Cook as directed. A few minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli.
  2. Brown sausage. Drain fat. Add peppers and tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
  3. Combine sausage mixture and pasta mixture. Add pureed garbanzo beans and stir to combine. If dry, add a bit of water or milk.
  4. Stir in cheese and enjoy!

8 comments:

Yankee Wife said...

This sounds so yummy! I totally want to try this dish. Thanks for sharing. BTW - Did you ever decide on a washer & dryer?

Lindsey said...

This makes me so hungry!!

Emily said...

This looks and sounds so yummy!!!!

Danielle said...

mmm ... that looks so good! By the way ... I am happy we're leaving. Our apartment was a mess with all of the foundation problems & water damage. The management refused to fix any of it so I'm happy to say "see ya later". Are you guys still planning on moving?

Lucy Marie said...

Yummy. Looks so tasty.

Snow White said...

oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love the hidden beans... makes me think about other places I could substitute that rather than whipping cream :)

My name is PJ. said...

Okay now! Major fabulosity!

Colleen said...

This looks so yummy and easy!