I got the recipe from Finding Joy in My Kitchen, here.
Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 C warm water
- 1/4 C oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 C Whole Wheat Flower
- Mix together ingredients and knead for about 5 minutes, or until the dough gets stretchy.
- Let the dough sit for a few minutes and then cut the dough in half, and each half into five smaller pieces.
- Roll these pieces out (preferably into circles, but if you are like me, you will settle for triangles and other odd shapes).
- Cook on a griddle at 350 for 5-7 minutes on each side. If you do not have an electric griddle, I am sure you could do it in the oven or even on the stove. This is not a precise science by any means. You are just trying to get them a golden brown color.
- Enjoy with the toppings of your choice!