Monday, May 11, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning

You know those little packets of taco seasoning you buy at the store? Well I have a better recipe that you can make for yourself next time you want some zesty fun!

Here is what you will need:


  • Chili Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • Ground White Pepper
Directions:
  1. Mix 1 Tbsp Chili Powder, 1 tsp Onion Powder, 1 tsp Garlic Powder and 1/2 tsp Ground white pepper together. Add to 1 lb browned ground meat like any other packet of seasoning.
This will work for people like me- who do not eat spicy food. The kind of people who think Mild Salsa, ground black pepper, and raw onions are too spicy.

For people with normal taste buds add some of your favorite spices- cayenne, crushed red peppers and such to this base. I promise- you will not be disappointed. It was good stuff!

Note: Because all Chili Powder seems to have different ingredients, and it might make a difference, my Chili Powder ingredients were as follows: Ground Chili Pepper, Ground Cumin, Ground Oregano, Garlic Powder, Salt.

11 comments:

Snow White said...

awesome - I LOVE the way you think. I'm all about not-too-spicy spicy foods... and I love a good taco seasoning.

Lucy Marie said...

Yum sounds good. I don't like TOO much spice - but I would probably up it just a wee bit. Do you add a cup of water with it when you put it on the meat like you would do with a store bought package as well?

Meredith said...

I always forget to buy onion powder!

Kelsey said...

my husband always teases me that i think ketchup is too spicy. :)

Taryn said...

Lucy Marie: Sorry- yes, do add some water with the seasoning. We did.

Kelsey: Amen, sister! That is what Chris says too. = )

a H.I.T. said...

Perfect! Thanks. I always run out of this!

Brittany Ann said...

I make my own as well, and you're right, it's always better!

My name is PJ. said...

Great! How do you come up with something like this??!!

Jennifer said...

Fantastic idea and all natural too!

The Cranes said...

Yum, sounds amazing.... I usually use the packet of spices, but I may try to "spice things up" (sorry, I had to)

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Heck yeah! I think tomorrow night I am making tacos!