Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Homemade Produce Bags: Take Two

After the colossal failure of my first produce bags, inspiration hit, and I decided to try again. With this:


Yes that is right- a shower puff. It was about to hit the trash can due to the fact that it was falling apart, but then I thought, "Hey, that might make a good, strong produce bag." (I am still trying to decide if this is a good idea. It went through the wash and the dishwasher, so I think it is clean. What do you think?)

I ripped the thing apart (very fun, by the way),


and then cut the inner section into 4 sections (the outer section was too destroyed to use). I tied one end together and that was it. Embarrassingly easy.


I tested it out with some fruit I had already at home, and it seemed pretty sturdy. I will try them at the store for a few weeks and let you know how they hold up. This just seems too easy to work.


6 comments:

Emily said...

How clever!

Della said...

That's sweet! I'm going to have to make those for my mom:)

Brittany Ann said...

This is genius!

Snow White said...

very cool.

My name is PJ. said...

If you fell down and your head split open (God forbid), I'm quite sure that your brain would be green! This is quite ingenious..and green.

Rae said...

Very clever. And if going through the wash and the dishwasher doesn't make it clean enough to hold produce, then that would make most everything I eat off of pretty nasty! Hm. Not sure that phrasing makes any sense, but I think it counts as clean.