Friday, May 1, 2009

Homemade Kettle Corn

I have posted about the goodness that is homemade popcorn here, but I must tell you that my heart belongs to kettle corn. There is a man who makes the best kettle corn around at the summer "Swappers Meet" near my parents' lake cabin and boy, I have been missing it bad. When we got home from San Francisco, I decided that I could make kettle corn- or at least try. And try I did!

I got a recipe here and gave it a shot.

Here is what I got . . .


Not bad- but not great either. The brown spots are burned sugar. I don't really know what went wrong. Some of the kernels were fantastic- just the right amount of sweet and salty! I will try it again, and when I get it down perfectly, I will let you know!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

YUM! I love Kettle Corn. There is a stand at the MN state fair that I have to visit every year just to get the kettle corn. delish! You just instantly made me hungry :)

Meredith said...

What recipe did you use? I haven't made kettle corn before, but I wonder if it's anything like making caramel corn, where when they say you have to stir all the time, you REALLY have to stir all. the. time.

Brittany Ann said...

Love it! Stove top pop or kettle corn is my favorite!

a H.I.T. said...

Kettle corn is just too sweet for me...I've become a real fan of popping kernals in a pan though instead of in the microwave.

Emily said...

Oh yum! I love kettle popcorn too, but have never had homemade before. I will have to give it a try one day.

My name is PJ. said...

Taryn, I so enjoy when you put these recipes in amidst your other posts! I can't have pop- or any corn, so I won't be trying this one! :(

Kristi said...

We do homemade kettle corn. The trick is to shake and shake and shake once you add the sugar. It is so good!!! Better luck next time.