Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hash Brown Quiche

I am back in the swing of things and last night we even tried a new recipe for dinner- Hash Brown Quiche.

We made Hash Browns for the first time awhile back, and they were phenomenal. And I love Quiche- so why not put them together? Good idea. It doesn't look too pretty- but it was really good!

Also, don't forget to put the leftovers in the fridge- we left ours out for 4 hours! Oops.

Hash Brown Quiche
adapted from Hot Dish Heaven

Ingredients
  • 3 Cups Hash Browns (frozen, refridgerated or shredded from actual potatoes)
  • a few shakes of Super Salt
  • 1-2 Cups shredded cheese (we used Italian blend and cheddar)
  • 3/4 Cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • whatever veggies you have laying around to add (I added 1/2 Cup each of bell peppers and asparagus)
Directions
  1. Spray a 10 inch pie pan with oil. (Spray REALLY well. Believe me.)
  2. Press hash browns into bottom of pan and up the sides.
  3. Shake Super Salt over the top.
  4. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
  5. Toss in cheese and veggies.
  6. Beat together milk and eggs. Pour over crust (and cheese and veggies).
  7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let stand for 10 more minutes and then enjoy!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh yum!!! I love quiche and I love has browns so this would be heaven!!!

Our table isn't always set like that, we were having friends over for dinner so it looked nice so I took pics, ha!

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. I'm glad to hear you're back in the swing of things. I have missed you between your time away, then my time away and then your time away again. How about we both stay put for a while?

Rae said...

I am going to have to try this. It looks far better than normal quiche (which I don't really enjoy).

My name is PJ. said...

That's a great combo!

Suzanne said...

That sounds so good and simple to whip up. I'll adapt it to use soy milk and toffuti with the eggs. Can do eggs just no dairy. I have to tell you since you posted the Olympic cookies I have mixed them up 3 times. We ate one before it got baked! Yum, thanks for the recipes and inspiration.