We made Hash Browns for the first time awhile back, and they were phenomenal. And I love Quiche- so why not put them together? Good idea. It doesn't look too pretty- but it was really good!
Also, don't forget to put the leftovers in the fridge- we left ours out for 4 hours! Oops.
Hash Brown Quiche
adapted from Hot Dish Heaven
- 3 Cups Hash Browns (frozen, refridgerated or shredded from actual potatoes)
- a few shakes of Super Salt
- 1-2 Cups shredded cheese (we used Italian blend and cheddar)
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 3 eggs
- whatever veggies you have laying around to add (I added 1/2 Cup each of bell peppers and asparagus)
- Spray a 10 inch pie pan with oil. (Spray REALLY well. Believe me.)
- Press hash browns into bottom of pan and up the sides.
- Shake Super Salt over the top.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
- Toss in cheese and veggies.
- Beat together milk and eggs. Pour over crust (and cheese and veggies).
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let stand for 10 more minutes and then enjoy!