There is this small independently owned pizza place around here that has amazing pizza on sough dough crusts. Mhhmmm. But they are pretty expensive. Like, too expensive to be having every week, as I would like. So last night I decided to try to make our own delicious specialty pizza.
It was great. Seriously. Almost as good and the real stuff!
Here is how we made ours- just in case you want to give it a try.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- 1/2 lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 3-4 slices of crumpled bacon
- 1/2 red onion. chopped
- lots of ranch dressing to coat the pizza crust
- a pizza crust (we used a store bought one that I had gottne for Chris to eat while I was away- but he didn't eat it because he ate dinner at his parents' EVERY NIGHT! )
- pepperoni (if you are Chris and want to ruin/enhance a perfectly good pizza)
- Preheat oven to crust's specifications.
- Coat crust with lots of ranch. More than you think you should. Trust me.
- Add cooked chicken pieces (Chris cut ours up into little pieces and then I baked them with a little olive oil sprayed on them. They cooked really fast in the oven with the bacon I was baking.)
- Add crumpled bacon and onions.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. (Chris likes to take my picture. Thank you Chris.)
- Bake as the crust directs, or until cheese is melty and golden brown.