Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza


There is this small independently owned pizza place around here that has amazing pizza on sough dough crusts. Mhhmmm. But they are pretty expensive. Like, too expensive to be having every week, as I would like. So last night I decided to try to make our own delicious specialty pizza.

It was great. Seriously. Almost as good and the real stuff!

Here is how we made ours- just in case you want to give it a try.

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza

Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 medium chicken breast
  • 3-4 slices of crumpled bacon
  • 1/2 red onion. chopped
  • lots of ranch dressing to coat the pizza crust
  • a pizza crust (we used a store bought one that I had gottne for Chris to eat while I was away- but he didn't eat it because he ate dinner at his parents' EVERY NIGHT! )
  • pepperoni (if you are Chris and want to ruin/enhance a perfectly good pizza)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to crust's specifications.
  2. Coat crust with lots of ranch. More than you think you should. Trust me.
  3. Add cooked chicken pieces (Chris cut ours up into little pieces and then I baked them with a little olive oil sprayed on them. They cooked really fast in the oven with the bacon I was baking.)
  4. Add crumpled bacon and onions.
  5. Sprinkle cheese on top. (Chris likes to take my picture. Thank you Chris.)
  6. Bake as the crust directs, or until cheese is melty and golden brown.
Enjoy!

13 comments:

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Oh yum. I'm really going to have to make that soon :)

Lucy Marie said...

Yum yum yum. I always dip my pizza in ranch dressing so I'm sure I would love this. Also, I've noticed this before in some of your pictures but never said anything - I love those chicken cutting boards!

Lucy Marie said...

P.S. Can you please tell me how to make that honeydew jam you wrote about in your comment? If you aren't going to post it, can you please e-mail me? Honeydews are on sale here this week and I want to try it! Oh, wouldn't it be so fun if we could do our canning together?

Snow White said...

yum!

Meredith said...

My DH would love the ranch as the sauce. I'm not quite so sure that I could handle it as the only sauce though--was it really really rich?!

Kristen said...

wow that looks delicious! I'm definitely gonna have to try it!

My name is PJ. said...

My husband would love this for ballgame snack food!

a H.I.T. said...

I love pizza nights!

Erin said...

We had this on Tuesday! Except I was out of Ranch and used Caesar...

Looks delish!

Kraesc said...

Wow, that sounds delicious! I might just have to try this. My husband only eats cheese or pepperoni pizza, so this will be nice for a change! Thanks for sharing!

Taryn said...

Meredith: It wasn't too rich in my opinion, but it wasn't super light either . . .

Rose said...

YUM!! Now I'm hungry!

Jen K said...

Uhmmm that pepperoni/chicken bacon ranch pizza is actually my dream pizza!! All my favorite things!!!