Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We didn't die . . .

but I am pretty sure I could die of embarrassment! Why is it that some of my intimate, freakish and embarrassing moments always happen in the presence of my MIL? Here is my story: This past weekend, Chris caught a little 36 hour flu- like bug. I seemed to have escaped unscathed until Monday mid-day, when I started to feel nauseous. Great. I started to go downhill fast- but pushed on strong until late afternoon when it was almost time to go. I felt so overwhelmed at the idea of driving all the way to the airport and going through security, I broke down and started crying to Chris, "I can't do this!"

And do you know what Chris said to me? In response to my cries, Chris said to me, in complete sincerity, "You will be fine Taryn. You can do it, I did."

Are you freaking kidding me, Chris? You did it by lounging around and sleeping all afternoon!

Anyway, I digress- back to my embarrassing moments. As we drove to the airport, I laid down in the back seat and got sicker and sicker. I'll bet you can tell where this story is going . . . As soon as we got to the airport, I knew my thinking about me "happy place" wasn't going to cut it, and I made a mad dash for a out side garbage can. The worst part- I didn't make it. I puked all over the sidewalk outside DIA. And then proceeded to hurl my guts into the garbage can about 15 feet away from a curb-side check-in counter. I could see everyone in line just staring at me. OMG- I just wanted to die. Chris and my MIL unloaded the car- but I had to walk back to them and say goodbye! Oh yeah- with some super gross evidence of what just went on still on my hands and clothes. I just wanted to die.

But thankfully, that was the worst of it. I spent yesterday in our room, lounging and sleeping like Chris did- and today I am feeling much better.

(This message brought to you by the nerd's free internet at the MySQL conference.)

17 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Awwwwwwww that does NOT sounds like any fun! Take it from me, the person who (lately) constantly throws up in public places. In the last month, I have thrown up in CVS AND in the bathroom at Wendy's. TOTALLY CRAPPY. :)

So glad you are feeling better now, though! xoxo

T i f f a n y said...

Aw :( I hope you feel better! Something similiar happened to me last December but it involved me hurling in a SUBWAY bathroom while traveling with my new male coworker. Talk about a good impression!

Mandy said...

oh, poor Taryn! I'm glad you're feeling better. At least you got it over with before your vacation officially started. :)

*claire* said...

sorry!!! that does not sound fun.

Brittany Ann said...

Oh no! That's horrible! I hope you feel better soon!

Emily said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear.. but glad you are feeling much better.

Jen K said...

Oh my god. This is my BIGGEST fear! Glad that you're feeling better!

Lucy Marie said...

I am so glad you didn't die and I am so sorry you had that experience. I'm glad you're feeling better - hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

a H.I.T. said...

I hope you're feeling better! What a horrible way to travel.

Erin said...

Noooooo! You poor thing!

♥Mrs. V said...

Ooh! That is no fun! I am glad you are feeling better.

Ben and Mackenzie said...

SOOO sorry to hear all of that Taryn! I was praying for you trip the other day. I'm glad that it got better. (Do I even dare to ask if you've feasted on your well-deserved "In and Out"!?!)

Lisa said...

Oh no! I'm glad you're feeling better! Hope you're enjoying San Fran!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I am glad that you two didnt die. Glad you feel better though. I threw up in a bowling alley once!

My name is PJ. said...

We can all identify with horking (what I call puking), all the while our bodies feel like something far worse than death. I puked in a large plant pot in a hallway of a lovely hotel. Yes I did. And, aren't men wonderfully compassionate at some of the very best times? They mean well. Feel better, Taryn!!

Jennifer said...

You poor thing!! I would of died so you handled it way better then me!! I hope your feeling better!!

Rae said...

The thing that makes these things sooo bad is that not only are you embarrassed, you're physically sick. It is almost hard to care, even though you really care. At least that is the way that it is for me. The nastiest things have happened to me around my in-laws. The worst was actually the first time at their house, before we were even engaged.

Glad that you're better now. Hopefully your MIL is the sort of person who forgets quickly!