Wednesday, April 29, 2009

San Francisco Recap

I thought I should show you just a few pictures of our adventures in San Francsico. We had a great time, and we were blessed with great weather!

We walked well over 20,000 steps every day. Very impressive. Except not at all. Chris put it in perspective when he noted that over two days, we still hadn't walked a marathon. Ouch. I have a new respect for marathoners. My feet hurt after two days of walking; you runners are amazing!

Warning: There are a lot of pictures of me and Chris (mostly me though- I have a bad habit of just snapping pictures when I have the camera- and they don't turn out very well. So we end up with lots of pictures of me.) Also, this was my first vacation with bangs, and a very windy one at that. So please forgive my bangs that seem to have found their way into my face for almost every picture.

Of course we went to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was freaking cold and windy- but totally impressive.

I tried to sneak into on of the towers- but the door was locked. Darn.


We rode the cable cars around everywhere! They reminded me of a ride at Disney World; I often got off feeling a little sick to my stomach. Oh well. The best ride was when we rode the Powell-Hyde line down to the bay. It was very steep. And we were lucky enough to get a spot hanging on to the outside of the car. What a ride that was!


We ate In-N-Out again. This time with the not-so-secret secret menu. Once you go animal- there is no going back.


We saw the stinky sea lions at Pier 39.


We saw the crookedest road in America.


And finally, we went to Chris' future home: Alcatraz. It was pretty cool. This picture is us on the excercise court where the inmates used to play games and such. You can even see the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.


All in all, we had a great time. Thanks and congratulations to all who made it this far in the post. I am impressed.

11 comments:

Snow White said...

awesome photos!

a H.I.T. said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun! I've never been out to San Francisco. Crazy, right?!

*claire* said...

looks like a lot of fun - and pretty weather! i haven't made it out to CA at all yet - and would love to!

katie said...

I'm very jealous having never been past Texas.

And if your sister is really interested in the sparkler holder idea, let me know and I can email you (or her) the template and that would save her a lot more time!

Sarah said...

Awesome. I have always wanted to go there! When we finally decide to go there, I know who to ask for advice!

My name is PJ. said...

Looks like a great time! There is so much to see out there, isn't there? Love the photo of the two of you at Alcatraz - very sweet.

Kim said...

(Sigh) I love San Francisco. Alcatrez and the trolley cars were my favorites.

Adie said...

I like that your pictures actually have you in them. Looks like a great trip!

Denise K. said...

Oh, I am SOOO envious!!!! You had pictures of all our favorite places in S.F! Ah, Lombard St. the wharf, Alcatraz, and IN-N-OUT Burger....ah, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!!!!! :-)

Rose said...

Looks like a great trip! Great photos!

Chelsea Gwynne said...

lucky! I SO want to stuff my face with n and out burger. damn new england.