Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lazy Dinner- Garlicky Potatoes

Chris was missing his daily dose of In-N-Out French Fries - so he decided that we should have potatoes for dinner. Chris wanted to make "Garlicky Potatoes" like his mother used to make- so I quickly took some frozen Wild Rice Soup out of the freezer to add some nutritional value to our potato dinner and we went at it.

Chris sliced up 5 small potatoes and I placed them into a 9 x 13 baking dish. See look- it is very fun to make "Garlicky Potatoes."


Next we melted 2 Tbsp of butter, added a few sprinkles of garlic powder, a few shakes of Super Salt and stirred it all up. (I also added a few shakes of garlic powder and Super Salt directly on the potatoes for good measure.) We then brushed the butter mixture on the potatoes, put 'em into the oven and baked them at 450 degrees for about 40 minutes.

They were absolutely delicious. We had to stop ourselves from eating the whole pan!


I realize that these are fairly similar to the Baked French Fries we made awhile back, but these are garlicky- so yeah. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Ahhhh....few things are better than potatoes with garlic! I might add some feta cheese on top too!

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Those look great! I love things that are easy but so good.

Emily said...

Yum Yum! Those sound and look delish!

a H.I.T. said...

I love me some potatoes. Can't wait to make this.

Rae said...

That sounds so good! I am sure that my husband would love them next time we have potatoes around.

Emily said...

They look delish...I want to try that Super Salt...thanks for sharing.

My name is PJ. said...

Taryn, we buy garlic in 5 pound bags (really) at least 6 times a year. The world is a better place because garlic is in it! The potatoes look yummy and I can smell them from here!

Mrs. Smith said...

Y-U-M. These look and sound A-MAZING. :) Can't wait to try!