Saturday, April 18, 2009

Homemade Vice

Imagine this . . . you are walking out of your bedroom in a hurry because you are late for work. As you walk by the mirror, you stub your little toe on one of its legs. You brace yourself for immense pain, but none comes. You are puzzled until the mirror starts to fall on you. Hmm, can you guess what happened? Yep- you just kicked the leg right off the mirror!


Tragedy! But we are handy folks (yeah right) so we decided to try and fix it. But because we do not have a vice, we had to improvise. Here is what we came up with:


Chris and I glued the leg back together with wood glue (Thanks Dad) and then wrapped an Ace bandage around it super tight. I can only imagine the blood loss to the area. It was as tight as it could go.

But you know what? It totally worked! The mirror is back to normal. Although, I did kick it again this morning . . . It might need to find a new place to stand.

5 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I love it. What a creative solution. I agree with the comment you left me this morning, wouldn't it be so nice if we lived closer together?

The giveaway is open until Wednesday so no rush!

Meredith said...

Ouch! I would have already given in and purchased a wall mirror after the second kick!

My name is PJ. said...

Yet more proof that necessity is the mother of invention! I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you thought of the ace bandage. Women are so good at thinking out side the box when it comes to using interesting tools for the job! :)

Mrs. Hibit said...

I kick stuff around the house all the time, and usually end up hobbling around and wailing in agony - only to do the same thing the next day.
I'm glad the mirror was fixed, and even better - that it didn't cause you any pain!

Mandy said...

smart thinking. ;-)