Friday, May 15, 2009

Garage Sale Treasure

This weekend our town had a townwide garage sale, so lots of people set up shop in their driveways, and I went out to scavange. Last year Chris and I went, but we were too scared to go up anyone's driveways! This year? I was a haggling machine! = )

Anyway, I got some tablecloths, a basket and this beauty.

They had taken the old window and turned it into a cork board. I wasn't feeling the flowers so I attempted my first before and after home decor project. It is pretty lame. But I love the window. LOVE it.

Here is an action shot of me removing the nails to free the cork stuff.

And here is the window in it new (temporary) home. I would like to use it to seperate some space, but right now I hung it in the bathroom. The bathroom has no windows, so Chris says it now feels like we are on a cruise ship. Oh well.


11 comments:

Suzanne said...

i love it. What a find and I like where you hung it.

Lucy Marie said...

Cute. I have been really into old window frames lately. We don't have many windows in our place because we're in a basement, so we found an old window frame and put a mirror in it and hung it above our bed. It's a nice touch. I like what you did with it.

Super Careo said...

I have to say that I love hanging things on walls that one wouldn't normally expect to see there. Like empty picture frames or old screen doors (my mom has one hanging in the basement).

I used to babysit for a lady who had a giant window frame on the wall and in each pane of glass she had placed a picture of her kids. It was the coolest thing ever.

a H.I.T. said...

Fun idea!

*claire* said...

i think it looks great! the colors all go together really well!

Denise K. said...

Oh it turned out great!!! If you ever wanted to add to it, you could put scrapbooking paper and a matte behind it...I have seen several of these and they look incredible! Great find! :-)

My name is PJ. said...

I love old windows and old shutters. You could put mirror in it while it hangs in the bathroom and it will open up the space.

Brittany Ann said...

Cute! What a find! You have a good eye!

Jennifer said...

Great find!

♥Brandy said...

You are so creative!

Ben and Mackenzie said...

Hey there! Just stopping by to catch up :) I was at those garage sales on Friday (bright and early!) Love your find!