Sunday, March 22, 2009

Why I never want a Fair Godmother . . .

What have I been doing . . . besides loving life? Reading the fantastic book My Fair Godmother.


Mandy (the friend who works for a bookstore) recommended this one to me because she thought I would like it- and boy did I ever! Honestly, this was one of the best teen books I have read. It is fun, easy, includes some historical realities as well as plays with common myths and fairy tales. Additionally, it does not follow standard plots lines (except for the happy ending, of course). Neither Mandy nor I saw the plot changes coming, and it had just enough action to keep your attention. I would totally recommend this book to anyone!

Em at Em's Bookshelf reviewed this book if you want more info . . .

image from janetterallison.com

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I might have to pick this one up--I love teen lit!

Jennifer said...

I will definatly check it out the next time I'm at B&N

Mandy said...

yay, I'm glad you liked it! I'll have to find a couple of other fun books to give you. :)