Monday, March 30, 2009

What to do when you get stood up?

A friend from MN cam into town last week to go skiing and while he was here, we thought we it would be nice to hang out a bit. You know, to say "hi" and all. He wanted to meet us downtown Denver to walk the streets. This is not the activity I would have chosen, especially not at night, and when it is barely above freezing, but whatever.

So Chris and I went downtown, at the specified time, but could not get a hold of our friend. (What good is a cell phone if you don't answer it?!) Chris decided we should enjoy ourselves while we waited for a call back so we explored downtown Denver at 9:00pm with cold winds in our faces. It was actually pretty fun. Here are some pictures of the night. We never did meet up with our friend . . .


Here is Chris trying to hold up a bridge. It didn't really work . . .


A cool clock tower . . .


Me- very excited to see the Hard Rock Cafe.

(Don't worry Mom- these will come home to go in your book!)

14 comments:

Meredith said...

What a LAME friend! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Emily said...

I agree with Meredith.. LAME!

Glad you guys were able to make it a fun night anyways.

Mrs. Smith said...

Totally lame of your friend to stand you up, but it looks like a totally fun date night!

Cowgirl D said...

Denver's so cool at night. ps. LOVE the worm compost. Are you using the soil to pot plants inside or outside?

Lucy Marie said...

How awful to stand you up like that. At least you made the best of it and still had fun!

Chelsea Gwynne said...

glad you still had fun! way to make the best of it. :) don't worry, that friend will get the stand-up karma right back!

Mandy said...

Oh no, I hope your friend is okay! At least you got to take some cool pictures. :)

Jennifer said...

I"m glad you gusy had a fun time anyway!!

My name is PJ. said...

Taryn, It looks like you guys had a great time in the cold. (I think you have to be young to do that!) You may want to redefine what "friendship" is...and use another term to refer to this guy. Friends don't leave you hanging, right?

a H.I.T. said...

At least you guys were able to have fun!

Taryn said...

Cowgirl D: I am using the composted dirt as fertilizer for houseplants right now, but hopefully I will use some for outside/seasonal plants when the time comes. I am sure you could use it for both container plants and regular gardens.

kari and kijsa said...

Glad you still had a blast- she missed out!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

♥Brandy said...

I can't believe a friend would do that... how rude!

Glad you had fun anyway! Have you talked to the friend since?

Taryn said...

Brandy: No, I haven't talked to him since. I thought he would call me back when he got my message- but maybe not. I will probably call him later this week if I haven't heard back. I don't know what happened . . .