Monday, March 2, 2009

Twilight Fever is Back

I read Twilight right before the movie came out and was more than a little obsessed with the story. So obsessed in fact, that I was a little anxious to read the others for fear that I would not be able to function in everyday life. However, my fears were uncalled for; I started reading New Moon a few weeks ago, and I just could not get into it. I hated how sad Bella was- it was just too depressing to read. But after our curling date night with Chip and Sarah, I remembered how much I loved Twilight, and decided to give New Moon another go.


Needless to say, I finished the book last night, late last night. And I am ready to go to book 3!!

11 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

I loved Twilight! Still haven't seen the movie though. Yet. Or read New Moon. Yet.

Don't worry...it will happen. Soon!!!

Kristen said...

New Moon was awful, but the next 2 are so wonderful! My life stopped for about 5 days while I read all 4 books! lol

Emily said...

Oh Twilight - I'd almost forgotten about the books. Lol. Enjoy the rest of them!

We loved our 5280 dinner, and the Melting Pot is soooo good. Such a fun date night place because the meal takes hours!

Emily said...

I have Twilight somewhere in this house.. but when we moved it got lost in the shuffle. I really wanna read it but I guess the movie will do. Ha ha!

Lindsay and Evan said...

I agree with you, the second book was tricky to get into. But the last two are great and you'll realize in the end that you need the story from New Moon to make everything fit together.

Kristina P. said...

I stopped at New Moon. I couldn't muster any motivation to keep reading. And they aren't really my favorite books.

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

wesley's mom said...

New Moon was not my favorite Twilight book. Twilight was.

I'm just not a series girl.

Heather said...

The fourth one is by far my favorite. The third one got so much better after you got past all the beginning part.

"Adair Flair" said...

ahhhh i LOVE twilight- I'm almost through book 1 of the last book- Breaking Dawn- OMG- you are not going to be able to put it down!

Mandy said...

I'm in the minority here but New Moon was one of my favorite books in the series. I just loved the chapters were it just had one month written on each page. What a brilliant way to show the passage of time and the loneliness that she felt.

Let me know what you think of the others. :)

Lisa said...

I got to your blog via Ashley's Antics and see that my real life BFF is your first commenter on this post. So funny! I too thought the second book was slow as molasses...but I promise the payoff in the other 2 books is well worth it!