Monday, March 9, 2009

Tater Tot Hot Dish - eh?

I have returned to my roots and made a stellar hot dish- known to many, loved by nearly all who know it- the infamous Tater Tot Hot Dish!

Tada!


Unfortunately, Chris and I will not get to taste the glory that is Tater Tot Hot Dish- I made this for a family at church who is spending a lot of time far from home due to a sick child (hence the aluminum baking dish). I hope they like Tater Tots as much as we do!

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground meat such as turkey or beef (I used sausage because it gives the dish a bit more pizazz)
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 16 oz frozen mixed veggies
  • 1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 Cup milk
  • 16 oz tater tots
Directions
~Brown meat and onion in a sauce pan over medium heat.
~Layer the meat and onion on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
~Spread the vegetables evenly over the meat.
~Mix milk and soup together, pour over vegetables.
~Arrange Tater Tots on top of dish.
~Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until the tots are browned.


Enjoy the authentic Minnesotan hot dish!

7 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

yum that looks great. I will have to try that out soon.

Mrs. Smith said...

Wow...it's crazy to me how freaking good that lucks. It's gotta be the tater tots.

I LOVE tater tots.

Mrs. Hibit said...

I'm a bad Midwesterner for not liking tater tots!
A sausage & egg breakfast casserole is a totally different story. Mmmm....

April said...

Goota be good with tater tots as the main ingredient!

Yankee Wife said...

Oh man! I must be hungry because all your food post look delicious! In fact I was scrolling thru and found your homemade oreos & cookie brittle. YUM!!! Thanks for your recent comment.

Emily said...

Oh that looks so good.

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Oohhh! Yumm! I think that it would be very good with the sausage!