Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quilt Part 134

I know I just posted about the quilt the other day, but I have made it to a very important milestone and would like to share . . .

I have finished quilting the quilt!


As you can tell, my basting was far from perfect- all the wrinkles on the top are not supposed to be there. Oops.

As it turns out, quilting the quilt was by far the hardest part for me. I have a rug burn on my elbow from trying to turn the quilt to make curves! I tried to quilt the quilt in the same fashion as our wedding quilt.


These curves are tiny- the flowers are about the size of a half dollar (if anyone knows what that means). I don't know why I thought I could quilt like Aunt Kay- she is so good at quilting. Here is a close up of my curves.


Mine are about the size of large apples, and they still are not smooth. Oh well. I am super excited to be getting closer! I just need to cut the trim and put it on. This should be fun . . .

13 comments:

Emily said...

I am loving it! I love the colors and fabric you chose!

Kraesc said...

Wow! This is so cute. You did a fantastic job, I think. I have purchased some charms from Ebay. I would love to be able to try for like a baby quilt, but I don't think I have the patience. So kudos to you!

Meagan said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations! I working on a Christmas quilt with my mom and I love it!

Cowgirl D said...

Gorgeous quilt ... I'm lovin' the colors.

Brittany Ann said...

It's still looking awesome! You can do it. Let something for you on my blog:)

*claire* said...

very impressive!

Snow White said...

that is a beautiful quilt! love the colors.

Emily said...

I think it looks fantastic! You're doing an awesome job.

a H.I.T. said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful quilt :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

It looks awesome. I always get really stiff shoulders after quilting, I get so tense. You're on the homestretch - yeah. (have you started planning your next one?)

Cowgirl in the City said...

I'm so proud of you! You're quilting will get better. It's all about the practice. My mom makes the squiggles about the size of my fingernail, and I'm not even close to that yet!

Check out a few of the baby quilts I've made on my blog under the quilting label, I'd love to hear your comments.

About your comment, the marriage retreat we went to was a small annual one hosted by our church here in Denver, not a Weekend to Remember. It was incredible.

thanks for visiting, and I'll sure to be back!

Cowgirl in the City aka fellow quilter!

Rose said...

So beautiful! I love those colors!

PJ said...

I think you did a beautiful job. I'm no quilter, but I own a bunch of them and I like them better after they are washed and kind of textured/wrinkled. I think yours is going to look even GRRRREATER after washing!