Thursday, March 5, 2009

Planet Earth - Plains


I am sure you are all eagerly waiting for my take on the episode of Planet Earth we saw last night. So here it is - Plains are fine. They definitely rank under water, but above mountains. Plains make me feel small and help me put the world in perspective, but really, I usually feel that way when I drive I- 94 from the cities to Fargo. There are some plains up there baby!

Anyway, the plains episode seemed to poke fun at some of the animals featured. Did anyone else notice the accentuated jovial tendencies of the narrator? Maybe he had one too many before coming into work? One of our favorite parts was when the narrator calls the Tibetan Fox the "arch nemesis" of the Pika, and then comments on the odd Fox saying, "But why the square head?"

Pika



Tibetan Wolf


Those visiting the Planetarium for this show thought was quite hilarious when the narrator stated that one of many grazers on the Tibetan Plateau was none other than the "Wild *ss." Shouts of laughter sprang up all around, and only then was I pleasantly reminded of the joys of undergrads.

On a more sophisticated note, I have received an award from Ashley at DomesticDivasFancy!


Hurray! Thank you Ashley.

Pika image from en.tibet.cn Fox image from Jim Scarff on flickr.com

3 comments:

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Sorry we missed it. Sounds like you had fun! :)

Q. and La. said...

I've really enjoyed reading your blog! I'm so glad you stopped by mine!