Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pens do not motivate me . . .

Well, apparently a large box of pens and pencils on the floor by the desk does not motivate me to clean the desk. But I have finally done it.

I didn't take any before pictures- oops. but I did take a "during" photo. Does that count?


Here are the drawers after. They are much more organized. We will see how long it lasts, eh?


We have way more pens and pencils than we need- but they all work. I don't want to throw them out- but I don't want them in the drawers making it messy. Any ideas?


4 comments:

Hi, Lane said...

I just use one pen until the ink runs out. Then again, I'm a bank teller, so I write pretty much all day long. :-) But before I started working at the bank, I had a rubbermaid (shoebox size) that I kept full of them, and I always always always broke my pens/pencils before they were out of ink/lead. So I just replaced them then... but now that I've said that it sounds really wasteful!!!

Taryn said...

Nah- that's not wasteful. It's a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think to just put them in a closet. We have the perfect closet for something like that. Thanks!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I would just put them in a pencil box and store them. And throw out the ones that dont work, you would be suprized at how many that narrows it down to!

Tori said...

Congrats on the organizing! I just did that too, with parts of my room. Spring cleaning is in the air!