Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lemon Bars


This is a combination of two recipes- one from my Grandmother and one from Get Togethers. I actually squeezed the juice from these lemons - very authentic, right? Although, I am not sure it was worth the extra effort . . .


Ingredients
For Crust:
  • 2 C flour
  • 2/3 C butter (softened)
  • 1/2 C powdered sugar
For filling:
  • 2 C sugar
  • 8 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1/3 cup or juice from two large lemons)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
Directions
For Crust:
~Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
~Pat into 9 x 13 pan.
~Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

For Filling:
~Whisk sugar, eggs and lemon juice until frothy.
~Add flour and baking powder, mixing until frothy again.
~Pour the filling over the hot crust and bake for 18-22 minutes longer.
~Cool, dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
~Consume and enjoy.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh gosh, I LOVE lemon bars! These look so yummy!

Emily said...

I love lemon bars. I will have to give these a try!!!!!!

Lucy Marie said...

MMM ... Lemon bars are my favourite! Those looks so good.

T i f f a n y said...

I haven't had a lemon bar in FOREVER! This receipe looks great!

Brittany Ann said...

Yum! I'm going to try these! Thanks for sharing!

And thanks for visiting my blog and leaving get-well wishes:)

Mandy said...

Looks delic! I can't wait to see y'all tonight. :)

Jennifer said...

I love anything with lemon!! YUM!!

Chelsea Gwynne said...

those look delicious!

Snow White said...

found your blog from Lucy's.... i'm a MN native too and missing it. your recipes look delicious.