Saturday, March 7, 2009

Homemade Sugar Body Scrub

Wanna know the easiest home spa treatment ever? Well look no more, I have it right here. I made a homemade body scrub a few weeks ago from olive oil, plain ol' processed white sugar and a few drops of Grapefruit oil.


To make, mix one part oil, with two parts sugar and a few drops of essential oils and a few drops of food coloring if you like. (I did not like, so I left the color out.) Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.

To use, put in shower and use as an exfoliator/moisturizer.


Taryn's Take:
I think the body scrub was pretty darn good. The sugar almost hurt a little bit, so I think I will try Epsom salt next time, but the oil was very nice and moisturizing. I didn't even have to put lotion on after the shower! And that is saying something, considering I live in the desert. But be careful- the body scrub does make the floor of the shower a little bit slick.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Cool! I think I'll try it!

Lucy Marie said...

Thanks for this idea. I'm definitely going to try it.

shalay said...

I must try this! Gotta love a good body scrub. :)

Jessi said...

Taryn-
Thanks for the comments on my blog...I tried to do the best I could, I did forget to leave out that the hubby ran into me at the grocery store, it was a close call to blowing the whole surprise! Tucker is about 7 months old.

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Yum! Just kiddin, I wouldnt eat it. I will have to try this. I bet you can use any scented oil. I especially like Lavender.

*claire* said...

sounds easy enough! i love shower scrubs, esp with my super dry winter skin!

Mrs. Smith said...

Neat! This sounds so easy - I should definitely try it!

April said...

Ooohh ... I love sugar scrubs!! Thanks for the easy recipe ... and thanks for visiting my blog!! I love meeting new friends! :o)