Monday, March 16, 2009

Homemade Baby Doll Sleeping Bags

Today is the 6th Birthday of one of my 'clients.' Woohoo! For her birthday I made her dolls these sleeping bags:


Here they are all rolled up:


I couldn't really find any patterns online, so I just went for it on my own. I think they turned out alright. I am pretty proud of them actually. Some of my best work so far, if you don't mind uneven corners and un-parallel sides . . .

But in other news, this weekend I finally bought more batting for the quilt, sewed it to the other batting, basted it all together and started quilting! Very exciting.


Looking good! Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Looks awesome! You're very talented!

Meredith said...

The quilt is coming along great!

Emily said...

The quilt is looking good!

Denise K. said...

Oh you are so talented!! The sleeping bags are just precious, and I know from our daughter...any kind of blanket, sleeping bag, etc..for dolls, stuffed animals, Littlest Pet Shops, etc...is ALWAYS appreciated! Your "client" will love those!

Wow, what a talented quilter you are! That quilt is just gorgeous! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

We have great views of Long's Peak from our home, but I miss rain, grey days, and wish we had more snow too! Oh well, we'll just be thankful for new life experiences!!!

Welcome!

Smiles, Denise :-)

Cowgirl D said...

LOVE the quilt! I'm impressed with you're sewing skills.

Lucy Marie said...

Wow, Taryn. Those look great. I'm sure any little girl will love that. And your quilt is gorgeous - those are my favourite colours. I really want to try sewing but I have never had the guts. I don't have a sewing machine either, but I know people who would let me use theirs to see if I like sewing. What would you suggest I should start with?

Mandy said...

Those sleeping bags are adorable!! I bet the "client" will be very happy. ;-)

Jennifer said...

The quilt is gorgeous!!! Love the sleeping bags absolutely adorable!!

PJ said...

Hi Taryn, The baby doll sleeping bags are very sweet! What a great idea! Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate it!

♥Brandy said...

Those are super cute!

I love the quilt. Those colors are beautiful!

The Unzipped Mind said...

I love the quilt. Green is becoming my new favorite color.