This is one of 5 action shots Chris wanted . . . I think he just wanted lots of cheese . . .
Sorry I didn't take any other pictures- soup making is boring. Chop some veggies, open some cans, stir into pot and simmer. Not too exciting- but oh so delicious!
Hearty Homemade Beef and Vegetable Soup
Adapted from Cheap. Fast. Good!
- 1 lb ground beef (we actually used beef!)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans or pinto beans
- 2 14 oz canned broth or 3-4 cups (we used one cup frozen homemade broth and two cups store bought)
- 1 14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes (no salt added if you are into that sort of thing)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- 3-4 stalks chopped celery
- 1 tbsp dried bay leaves
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- Brown meat and onions in a 4 1/2 quart dutch oven (like this bad boy here).
- Add pressed garlic to pot.
- Drain beans and add to pot along with tomatoes with their juice, broth, and tomato paste. Also add 1-2 C water depending on how thick you would like the soup. Raise the heat and stir well.
- Add corn, celery, peas and seasoning. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes so so.
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy!