Apparently the spicy southern cuisine is finally getting to me because I have made another fairly traditional hot dish! Wild rice Casserole is super duper easy, holds well in the oven, and leftovers are divine. Give it a try if you are ever feeling the call of the Great North (or maybe just your stomach.)
Hamburger-Wild Rice Casserole
Adapted from North Country Cabin Cooking
- One box Uncle Ben's Wild rice Pilaf
- 1/4 Cup chopped onion
- 1 lb ground meat (we used bison, imagine that)
- 2 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Cup broth (we used homemade vegetable broth)
- sliced mushrooms, asparagus, celery, green beans - all to taste (I put in 1/2 Cup to 1 Cup of each)
- Cook rice as directed.
- Brown meat and onion in sauce pan.
- Combine meat, rice and all other ingredients and spread in 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.