Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Epiphany . . .

For those of you who don't know, for the past 2.5 years I have been babysitting for two girls aged 3 and 6.
Today, while eating lunch at the table the littlest "client" suddenly looks to me with excitement in her eyes. She states with enthusiasm, "We are both sisters!"
I respond with some confusion, "Yes, you are both sisters."
The little one goes on to explain, "Because E is a sister, and I am a sister. We are both sisters!"

She was so proud of herself- who knew?

10 comments:

Emily said...

Ah! How cute. Kids say the funniest things.

Mandy said...

haha, so cute! They sound like a handful. :)

Lucy Marie said...

Cute! Kids are the best.

Jennifer said...

Hehe!! I love when my boys say stuff like that too.

PJ said...

I miss the day by day discoveries small children make. It's as if they are always in the process of trying to put a HUGE jigsaw puzzle together...and every now and then another piece fits! Precious.

Mrs. Smith said...

Adorable! Gotta love kids...

Kristen said...

the other day my 5yr old son realized that everyone has parents! He was so excited!

♥Brandy said...

How cute!

nowealthbutlife.com said...

It can be so fun to watch children learn and realize things that I never even think of "realizing" because they seem so given.

MissBliss said...

I love that!!!!