Monday, March 23, 2009

Do not make! (Christmas Red and Green Salad)

Here is my story- After having amazing beet soup at a pizza place in Boulder I wanted to buy beets to make more beet soup. Unfortunately, due to my inexperience in life I bought radishes. Can you see why? They are red and about the right shape, right?


I did not know what to do with a radish. I looked online, and learned how to cut them up- thank you internet. But when I ate one like the lady on the internet video, it was a bit too spicy for my liking. Ick. So I decided to try find a salad or something I could put them in. And found this one- Christmas Red and Green Salad.

The ingredients looked good- anything with Ranch dressing has got to be good, right? Apparently not. I gagged trying to get it down. And you should have seen the long teeth Chris grew while shoveling spoonfuls into his mouth to make me feel better. I ended up throwing it out.


Goodbye Christmas Salad- Forever!

Moral of the story: do not buy radishes for beets and no not make Christmas Red and Green salad. Ever.

The End.

18 comments:

Lindsey said...

haha oh no! i'm sorry it wasn't good!

Emily said...

That is a very sad story, but I'm so glad that you had to choke it down and not me. I don't choke food down well. Thanks for the warning!

Emily said...

Don't you worry.. I don't like radishes . LOL!

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

rip red and green salad. you won't be missed.

Mrs. Smith said...

Ha! Hilarious! I'm not really a fan of radishes OR beets, so I don't think I would have liked any variation of this!

a H.I.T. said...

I hate when that happens! I had a really hard time buying turnips when I made stew this winter. Bad recipes are the worst.

Lucy Marie said...

Hahaha! How funny. This reminds me of my fish disaster. I do not like radishes .... I would not have even been so brave as you to try to make something out of them.

Cowgirl D said...

lol ... i can't count the number of dishes I've either choked down or ditched. eh, how else do you learn?

Mrs. Smith said...

left you some love on my blog!

Mandy said...

Eww, sounds like a bad one. Speaking of bad things, we should really try toffee again.

I baked the rest of the cookie dough on Sunday and this time I smushed the cookie dough so that it was more flat (rather than a ball of dough) on the cookie tins. They came out MUCH better. :)

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Dont feel to bad, a few years ago I was trying to make a regular salad and I accidently bought cabbage instead of LETTUCE! How I managed to do that, dont ask!?! And the worst part was that the dinner we were having was for my boyfriends parents! I was so embarrassed.

Our really empty nest said...

Go ahead and try the bread, I PROMISE it will be WAAAAY better then the Christmas red and green salad, lol Sue

nowealthbutlife.com said...

Funny story! At least the pictures look good. I share your dislike for radishes. But my husband loves them (and ranch dressing) so this might be worth a try, despite your warnings. :-D

Meredith said...

I have to tell you that I think my hubby would absolutely LOVE this--Ranch and Radishes are two of his favorite things in the world!

I'm with you though...I don't think that would be on my "make again" list!

Jenn said...

super cute blog - glad you like jim krasinski too ;)

The Unzipped Mind said...

So sorry. . .It's never fun being excited to make something and have it all crash and burn. I'm sorry you had to experience that. What a great guy though to choke it down to make you feel good. Better luck next time.

newlyweds said...

How funny, Radishes aren't a favorite of mine either.

Emily said...

And the picture looked so promising too!
Will be looking for a beet soup update though.