Friday, March 13, 2009

Come on over for a keg . . .

Of Root beer baby!

We had some good friends over for dinner last night and they brought us this magnificent specimen:


Have you ever seen such a thing? Chris and I were not big into the college parties- so we never really lived the college keg dream. However, thanks to Ian and Heather (and Whole Foods), last night we fulfilled a right of passage and had blast!

Here are some pictures of the keg and the fun we had . . .

This is me giving the keg an enthusiastic thumbs up!


And Ian trying open the darn thing . . .


And Heather and I living it up while Ian pours out the good stuff.


P.S. Dad- Besides the root beer you made- this is by far the best I have tasted. It reminds me very much of the stuff you made. I love you.

15 comments:

T i f f a n y said...

That keg is quite magnificent! Your dad makes homemade rootbeer? How fun!

Lucy Marie said...

That looks like so much fun. I don't even like Rootbeer but I think I would love that. By the way, I made your chocolate chip brittle last night to serve at my girl's night tonight. I had a little taste and it's yummmmmmmmy!

Emily said...

Lol. B and I definitely did do the college party/keg thing, but I love rootbeer kegs, too. I think I recall going to a Rootbeer Kegger at the Christian Fraternity we were paired with for homecoming one year. Word to the wise - rootbeer kegstands burn your throat :)

Meredith said...

How fun!

Emily said...

How funny! Never seen a root beer keg before. Of course I have to pass, root beer is one of my least favorite drinks.

Cowgirl D said...

You know you're old when: you buy kegs of root beer instead of beer. :)

Whole Foods has the coolest ideas!

By the way ... I used your recipe the other night (the bison ziti one). It was great!

Dee said...

LOL! That is so cool!

Lindsey said...

That is hilarious! I want one!!

Together We Save said...

I have never seen one. Looks fun.

Diane said...

the only kind of beer i'll drink! i'd love to have some right out of a keg like that!!

i must find a whole foods!!!

Jennifer said...

Now I want a rootbeer float!! Yum!

Chelsea Gwynne said...

you should be the spokesperson for them! that picture of you and the keg is too cute!

Ashley said...

Oh that looks yummy! I could really go for a root beer float right now. I'm so jealous of your Whole Foods. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'll have to catch up on your later!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Wow...I have never seen anything that big with root beer in it. My mom loves root beer. I will have to show her this picture...She will love it. And as far as the open shelving on my kitchen inspiration, I dont think that it would be a huge pain for me because I love to entertain so I would use those items I put up there a lot. I would probably dust the actual shelves themselves before I wash and put things back in their place after I use them. My hubby wont let me have open shelving anyways, he doesnt like it. Boo him!

♥Mrs. V said...

I love rootbeer!!