Thursday, March 12, 2009

Closet Organizer, shh, it's a secret

Get my pun? I am so funny- I know- restrain yourselves. Seriously, stop, you are embarrassing me.

Anyway, I have been a busy little bee over in our little apartment! I have attached the closets and laundry room with little mercy. Here are my results thus far. . .

Coat Closet Before:


After:


(Please ignore the two bottom shelves- they filled with my scrapbooking stuff- and that is a whole other can of worms that I have yet to open.)

I know that these look a lot the same, but I did some re-arranging, and made things a bit more "together."

My most brilliant move of the clean, however, were my ribbons. I cannot get rid of them (especially now that I can make Taggie Blankets), but they were always getting tangled up. So I came up with this clever system.


I have a million of these black plastic things that our developed photos used to come in, way back in the day when we actually had film. Gosh! I placed one end of the ribbon inside the box, snapped it shut, and then wound the ribbon around the outside of the box, taping it down at the end. It is fantastic!


As far as the bedroom closet goes, I was able to consolidate some stuff from the coat closet, so now all our bedding (and air bed) are all in one spot. Exciting, I know.


But the closet it far from done. Hopefully I will not get lost in the mountians of school papers and books towering in the closet so I can show you all progress in the decluttering arena! Wish me luck . . .

As a side note, I finally hung our engagement picture and was signed at our wedding back up. (I took it down after two years to update our living room mantle. Plus, it seemed a little narcissistic to have ourselves at the focal point of the room . . .)


Here is is, in all its glory, hiding in the closet. Like the caricature of me at age 13? Yep, it was done at my good friend's bat mitzvah, and laminated by my dad a few years ago. Thanks Dad.

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can see the difference and I think it looks awesome!! Great job and great idea for your ribbons!!

*claire* said...

looks good so far - good luck with the rest!! :)

it's always so satisfying to finally finish a task like that!

Sarah said...

Looks great! Congrats!

Lucy Marie said...

I'll tell you what - I'm withholding your giveaway prize until you come to my house and declutter and organize my closets!! I was just thinking about this the other day - I'm SUCH a neat freak, but anything that is behind closed doors is a totally different story. Just yesterday I opened a bathroom cupboard and had a pile of toothpaste, pill bottles etc topple out and land on my head. I need to do something about this!

Cowgirl D said...

looks great! it's amazing how much of a difference organized closets can make!

Lindsey said...

Great job!!! I def need to do this!

paige said...

what a great feeling that is!
by the way, there are several of francine rivers books that i am interested in. i have read the fictional-biography of the women in jesus lineage & loved them too
:)

Sonny and Bryan said...

Wow that reminds me... I need to clean out our closet!

Thanks for stopping by.

Meredith said...

It looks great! I need to organize my closets too--I just never know where to start!

G+D said...

Cute post title, lol! Nice job on the closet--it looks great!

♥Mrs. V said...

Being organized just makes me happy! I love what you've done. Your a girl after my heart!

shalay said...

Everything looks good! Maybe this will give me motivation to organize my closet.

And that cartoon of you as a teenager is hilarious!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I LOVE this ribbon organization. If you dont mind I would like to post it on my Saturdays Scrapper. I have a feature button now so when if it is alright to post it you can pick up the featured button on my sidebar.

DomesticDivasFancy said...

You can if you want to, or you can email me anything about scrapbooking...read my new post and maybe it will be easier to understand. LOL! I sometimes ramble on when I am commenting. The button is for you to put on your sidebar when you are featured on my saturdays scrapper.

Sara said...

Is the character from Dani Litt's Bat Mitzvah?

Taryn said...

Yes Ma'am! Thanks for coming t the blog friend.