Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quilt- Help?

I need help. This may not come as a surprise to those of you who have read a few of my blogs- but anyway . . . here is the quilt:


I have sewn the backing and bought some batting- but as you can see, the batting is too small. What should I do? Do I need the batting to go all the way around? Can I just use a cut up towel and sew it to the batting to make up the inch or so the batting is too small? Or should I just buy more batting? If anyone knows anything about quilting (ahem, Laurel) you advice would be super duper appreciated!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I would make your quilt smaller or buy more batting. It needs to be smooth and even. I think you'll be happier and you've spent lots of time on this already.

Pam

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I am, by no means, an expert at this. There are so many people who know more. You could totally just trim the edges. I've also pieced my batting before. Cut the extra bottom and top off, sew them and add them to the side you are short of. I'd do that before I buy more batting. Depending on how you quilt it, you won't even feel a seam. Know what I mean?