Thursday, February 19, 2009

Planet Earth - Mountains


Maybe I expected too much. Can I be awed and inspired twice in a row? Apparently not.

Mountains just don't do it for me.

What is it about these massive, uninviting rocks people get so crazy about? Yes, they are ascetically pleasing. And they avalanche (I asked Chris "What do you like about the mountains?" and he says, "I like the avalanches." So avalanches it is). I just don't get it. Before going last night, Chris thought about saying something- but instead let me go into the CU Planetarium giddy with excitement. Only to leave thinking "What was that?" Sigh. At least I got to see these cuties:


Oops- I mean these cuties:


And I have Shallow Seas to look forward to in April. Hurray!

panda image from chinaodysseytours.com

7 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute little picture. Is that you?

Meredith said...

I'm there with you--I think that the ocean tends to be much more impressive than mountains, but that's just me!

Rose said...

You will like the shallow seas one. I also liked the caves one-have you seen that one yet?

Taryn said...

Emily: Yes that is me, age 3 maybe, with my favorite stuffed animal (a panda bear puppet).

Mandy said...

Ah, you're so cute! :) And the pandas are adorable. Can't wait to see you today!

Emily said...

what an adorable picture and adorable blog:) glad you found mine:)

Taryn said...

Oops sorry Rose- I have not seen the caves one- and CU is not going to show it! I will have to borrow it from the in-laws someday. Thanks for the heads up.