Saturday, February 28, 2009

Olympic Trials in Broomfield?

It is true- last night Chris and I, along with our friends Chip and Sarah had a night out on the town! First, we had dinner at Buca and then went over to the Broomfield Event Center for the semifinals of the 2010 Olympic Trials. Can you guess which sport? I'll bet not- we went to see none other than . . .Curling! It was awesome.


We got pretty into it. The finals are today. Womens finals are at 10:00 AM and mens are at 3:00 PM if you are interested. We can't go again, but if Schuster's Team makes it to the Olympics, you can guarantee I will watch my Curling Crush at whatever hour of the day the networks decide to show his marvelous sport.

I think part of the reason I liked curling is because no less than 7 of the 8 people playing were from Minnesota. Seriously. Why the Olympic Trials were here in CO when nearly every team was primarily from the north, I have no idea. But it sure was nice for me to hear them chatting with each other in a northern accent. Sarah said, "These are your people Taryn, they say 'eh!'" My people indeed.

Hope you had a great Friday night and an even better Saturday!

5 comments:

Em said...

Ohh, that's really cool! I had no idea that was happening.

p.s. I tagged you for a meme. No pressure to play along though...only if you want to! :)

http://emsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-makes-me-happy.html

Erin said...

It's always nice to find a little slice of home - even in the most unexpected places! PLEASE tell me the story behind your header photo :-)

Emily said...

Well that is different and looks like a lot of fun!!!!!

Jennifer said...

That sounds like alot of fun!!

Taryn said...

Erin: The photo is of my grandfather and myself at my parents' lake cabin a few years ago. I think I was helping my dad pull the dock out of the water, hence the waders. But my grandpa and I are just being silly. The picture makes me smile every time I see it, so I made it my header.