Saturday, February 7, 2009

Homemade Hash browns

I bought a bunch of potatoes (BOGO) yesterday- and I needed to start going through them. So what do I do? Yep, that's right, I made homemade hash browns. Regardless of that fact that I have never made hash browns or even seen them made, I just went for it. And they were fantastic. I mean whoa- delicious. Here is what I did, if you ever find yourself with a few extra potatoes, give this a try.

First wash, peel and grate our potatoes.


Then place them in a warmed skillet with some melted butter or oil. (Butter with give the potatoes that nice light brown color, oil will turn the hash browns a dark, almost black color, but they still taste good.) Cook and then flip.
Done.


I added some onion powder to mine, and a bit of Super Salt, but these are optional.

Chris says that these were the best hash browns he has ever had, and that is saying something, because he loves hash browns. And on that note, I will leave you to go and make some more hash browns for breakfast! = )

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Oops- I forgot to mention that you need to squeeze the extra water out of the potatoes before putting them on the skillet. Some people recommend a salad spinner, but I just used my fingers. gushy!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Mmmm...I love to make those, and I like to make Home Fries by cubing the potatoes!

Lindsey said...

Oh yum, these look amazing!!

I went to grad school for a maters in theology and LOVED it! So much fun! I studied Greek actually with a NT minor, but loved visiting Israel. The Bible def came alive!!

LadyBrady*** Happily Married said...

There is something for you over at my blog

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Hey I know that you just got this award from Lady Brady but I MUST give it to too. Stop over at my personal blog {A Day in the life of Ashley Cornewell} And check it out. Your double awarded! :) That just means that your extra special.