Monday, January 26, 2009

Too Many Minutes Monday

The Hyper Homemaker routinely has "Fifteen Minute Friday" posts where she does some spiffy cleaning or arranging that takes her fifteen minutes. In an attempt to emulate her (the most true form of flattery) I tried to do a fifteen minute Monday. I wanted to change the set up over our fireplace. We have had our engagement photo that was signed at the wedding for the past, well 2 and a half years, so I thought it was time for something a bit more up to date. The whole ordeal should have taken about 15 minutes. Really, how hard is it to take down a frame and hang up a clock and wooden plaque? Alas, I am not a Hyper Homemaker because it took me a good 30 minutes or so to get it all just right and clean up the mess I had made. Thus- Too Many Minutes Monday.


In the end, I think it looks pretty good, what do you think?

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Where did you put the lovely picture of you two?

Jennifer said...

I love the sign underneath the clock!!

Katie said...

Awww! Thanks for the link and thanks for reading! I'm so flattered. BUT regardless of "too many minutes" (haha) the mantle looks wonderful! Great job!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

That looks really good. I would have made my hubby do it. I suck at hanging things...they are always crooked.

Pam said...

Is your picture in a closet now?

Taryn said...

Mandy and Mom: The picture is in a quasi-purgatory- its hiding in the bedroom, waiting to find a new home. The closet is not a bad idea.