Monday, January 19, 2009

Sewing Machine Matchup

Today I handed my thesis in to both my readers. whew. And now I wait. Hopefully they will not have too much to say about the draft and I can defend it and move on with my life- but I highly doubt it. sigh. However, during the waiting period, I have decided to enjoy myself (not bite all my nails off) and complete some projects I have been dying to try.

Like quilting. In the end I would like to create a t-shirt quilt (or two) from all the t-shirts Chris and I have accumulated. What a great way to keep the shirts and memories while still making room in the closet. But sewing t-shirt material is apparently fairly complicated so I have decided to start with a small green quilt in a simple pattern.

Before starting to quilt I needed a place to sew. Feeling optimistic, I decided I was done with my desk for awhile and made it into my sewing area.

Here is the desk before:


And after:


TaDa!
Room to cut fabric and sew! I moved the white plastic drawers from our bedroom and filled them with my cloth, scraps, thread, pins and such.

All in all, it was a very successful evening.
I threaded the bobbin, threaded the needle and sewed my first stitches. Hurray!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE your little craft corner!! I have no crafting abilities but I want one!!