Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oat'N'Toffee Grahams

More Food . . . But this one is a delicious dessert- who doesn't want dessert?

And seriously, look at it . . . it is gorgeous.

We had this for dessert the night we had Chicken and Spiced Jam. So good.

Oat'N'Toffee Grahams
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
  • 6 graham crackers (rectangles) (I used some leftover homemade ones)
  • 3/4 Cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 Cup sugar
  • 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
  • 1/3 Cup butter, melted
  • 1 Egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 6 oz. chocolate chips ( I just sprinkled some on top- use as many as you want)
Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 1 inch or higher rimmed baking sheet with tin foil, making sure the foil comes above the edge of the baking sheet. (Believe me, you will thank me for this later.)
~Arrange the graham crackers in the pan so they are all close together.
~Mix together dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
~Spoon mixture over crackers, making sure all the crackers get some of the good stuff.
~Bake for 20-25 minutes- until the oat mixture bubbles and it lightly browned. Add some chocolate and put back in the oven for a minute or two.
~Spread melted chocolate around.
~Let cool in pan on a wire rack if you have one. When cool, use foil to take the grahams out of the pan. Remove foil and cut or break into pieces.

Note: The recipe called for you to add coarsely chopped almonds after spreading the melted chocolate. Since I am allergic, I opted to avoid the almonds, but for those of you who can digest almonds without pain- I think it would be a nice addition to the dessert.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Boy those do look delicious! Thanks for sharing!!!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I am seriously going to get fat reading your blog. Just looking at these makes me gain weight. Thanks for your comment about our job situation! I am really looking for anything anymore. My hubby was military so I have had a handful of jobs. We moved too much. The last place I worked I worked in the office, I handled quite a lot. I kept busy, which I loved. Being busy makes the day go by fast. Plus the perk was my boss always bought me Starbucks! I am just willing to do anything. I have turned to blogging! ;)

Lindsey said...

Yummy! Looks soooo good!

Kelsey said...

I just printed this and can't wait to try! Looks easy, which is a plus. :)

Country Whispers said...

Yum! I've got to try these.