Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New "Free" Couch!!

One of the families I babysit for told me yesterday about the love seat they were going to donate to the Salvation Army. As far as I could see, it was a very nice couch- it has "good bones" as Peggy (the mom of said babysat children) says. So, being the nice (and cheap) nanny that I am, I offered to take the couch off her hands. And within 30 minutes it was settled: the husband, brother-in-law and in-laws truck would be over the next night to pick up the couch. And today- the couch is ours!


It even came with a nice tan/beige slipcover that is in the laundry as we speak. Maybe someday I will be as skilled as Emily over at imperfect; she makes her own slipcovers! But as for now, I think we will stick with the slipcover that was on the couch already. I hope to be able to get rid of the larger couch we are borrowing from the same brother-in-law, and make room for the huge love sac that takes up half our living room. I'll let you know how it goes- hurray for free couches!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Make sure you take a pic all done up with it's cover!!