Thursday, January 22, 2009

Homemade Lasagna

Yesterday was our 2 and 1/2 year anniversary! Go us!

To celebrate, we decided to have homemade Lasagna. Oh my gosh- it was SOOOO good. I think it may be the best lasagna I have ever had. But I have no pictures. Chris started to dig in as soon as it came out of the oven, and then I forgot to take a picture before we put it away in the fridge and now it looks pretty unappetizing. (However, I just ate some for lunch and it still tastes good!) Please don't let my lack of pictures dissuade you- honestly this is FANTASTIC lasagna.

Two-Sauce Lasagna
adapted from Get Togethers Cookbook
  • 1 lb ground bison
  • 15 oz cottage cheese
  • 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 26 oz jar tomato pasta sauce (we used Classico Fire-Roasted Tomato and Garlic)
  • 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles
  • 1 10 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
  • 1 16 oz jar Alfredo sauce (we used Classico Sun-dried Tomato)
Directions:
~Brown the bison. Drain.
~Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, and two tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
~Spread 1/3 tomato sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
~Layer 3.33 noodles (You can do this if your noodles fall apart while cooking like mine did), 1/2 the cheese mixture, 1/2 the spinach, 1/3 tomato sauce, and half the bison.
~Repeat layers.
~Top with remaining noodles. Spread Alfredo over the top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
~Bake, covered, for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

♥Brandy said...

Happy Anniversary!

The dinner sounds yummy!

Alaina said...

No fair...this pasta lover just found this after a workout! I am craving some lasagna now.

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Happy 2.5 ;) I cannot believe that our 4 year anniversary is on Feb 7th. Wow how the time flies. I need to start thinking of something cute to do for my hubby! Maybe you should make the lasagna, that I have never been able to make...LOL!

Ashley Nichole.

judicreations said...

Happy Anniversary!
I love lasagne and I also like to use frozen (thawed) spinach in mine. I have never used Bison though. I wouldn't actually know where to buy it. Where do you buy yours from? I like the alfredo with dried tomatoes you put in it. It MUST be very yum....I will have to try your version, minus the bison I'm afraid.
Thank you for sharing...
Judi

It was so nice to have you come and visit me...do come back again.
Thank you for the complement on the bird tassle I made as well. I have another bird one as well. I've had some requests at my work and will make some to sell. If you or your mom is interested please let me know and I'll give you more information.