Sunday, January 11, 2009

Homemade Bath Fizzies

Well, yesterday was a complete waste. I spent the whole day lounging in my new pajama pants watching the first season of Mad Men on DVD. I love my new pjs- I got them on clearance while visiting home. I just had to buy them- it was a 8% discount because MN has no tax on clothes. Aren't they cute? With little Dauchsands on them?


Mad Men, on the other hand, is not so cute. All that smoking, secrecy and sex~ I don't know what to think of you Mr. Don Draper. Or 1960 for that matter.

Anyway, back to the point of this blog- homemade Bath Fizzies (I am sure that there is a better name that Bath Fizzies, but you use them in the bath, and they fizz, so Bath Fizzies it is). Despite my bad luck with Martha Stewart ideas before, my mother and I decided to try a new recipe while I was home for New Years. Martha's looked like this:


And in the end, ours look like this:


Not bad, if I do say so myself. They are actually very easy. You can get the recipe here from her website. (I chose to go dye-less, which was nice for a first time try so I could touch the mixture to see how wet it was getting with turning my hand pink.)

The Bath Fizzies actually work, too! I tried one out yesterday during a break from Mr. Draper and it was divine. It smelled of grapefruit and fizzed until it disappeared into the warm water. Mmmm. So nice.

jammies image from gap.com
bath fizzies image from mathrastewart.com

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those PJ pants look so comfy!!! I love the smell of grapefruit!!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

That makes we wanna put on pjs. ;)

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: scooting, omelettes, Conned, ointment, Eckford, attending, HMOs and more...