Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Best Job in the World


No, no- I do not have it . . yet. Have you heard of this? The best job in the world? My husband emailed me this morning and told me to apply.

Apparently, tourism is a little slow in Australia lately, and so the Australia's Queensland state as invented a new job- one where you live on Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier Reef for six months, and all you must do is write a blog about your adventures swimming, snorkeling and tanning. Oh yeah- the best part- you get paid- $100,000 US dollars.

In order to apply, you must upload a one minute video of yourself. I am new to the blogging world, but after watching a dozen application videos on their website, I am feeling more confident that I could actually apply and be considered. = ) Or at least make a well-thought out video.

I can imagine it now . . . listing my qualifications: I have been to Australia once, very nice country, and yes, I blog- I am quite good too, yep, I am a very strong swimmer- butterfly in the ocean would be a treat, and on and on.

Okay so that is not really well thought out- but it is a good start.

What do you think? Would you like this job? Click here for more info. Good luck!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

no way! That sounds awesome! Maybe I should convince Andrew to finish up his PhD in Australia... :)

DomesticDivasFancy said...

That would be fabulous...not for me though! Good luck to you! Post your application video. I would love to see it.

Jennifer said...

Thats my kind of job!!!