Saturday, November 22, 2008

Strawberry-Watermelon Smoothie


I love watermelon. I try to pick good ones at the store- but apparently when I "thump" them, I like the sound of overripe melons. So this year I got a couple bad watermelons. I didn't want to throw them out, so I cut them up and froze them to use in smoothies! Today was the first time we tried to make one- and it was pretty good.

I looked online for a recipe, but in the end we just kinda winged it. So here is an approxmation of the recipe.

Strawberry-Watermelon Smoothie:
  • 2 C partially defrosted watermelon
  • 1 C partially defrosted strawberries (hulled)
  • 1 C skim milk
  • 1/2 C apple juice
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp ground flaxseed meal (optional)
Mix in blender and enjoy!

(We may have added more liquid than I have posted; we were having trouble getting the blender to blend.)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I have trouble picking good produce as well...must be the only thing mom forgot to teach us =)

Taryn said...

Oh well, maybe next year i will just pick ones that I think don't sound good. = )